Welcome to another Coffee Morning, a place to share our Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
- I’m pondering a show that I love, Chesapeake Shores. Has anyone seen it? What I don’t love: the youngest adult “child” in the group, Jess, reminds me of a spoiled baby; she is still holding a grudge against her mother from years ago, who left after she and their father split. Her facial expressions remind me of a sulky teenager, but she is in her mid-twenties. Seriously, she pouts whenever her mother comes around. And she expects her older siblings to drop whatever they are doing to help her in some imaginary crisis or other. That’s my venting for the day.
- Today is my youngest son’s birthday. Whenever one of my “kids” has another one, I am swept back to the birth of each of them, and their babyhood. I love this photo of my toddler son with his curls. He and I have both grown up a lot since this moment in time. The photo is from the early 1970s, so it lacks the clarity and color of today’s photos.
- Below, he is living his life on the beach…he and his wife have been in the Northern part of the state for three years.
- Last August, his daughter Fiona and I drove up there to visit for a few days. This summer, Fiona is working in Yosemite. In her leisure time, she hangs out with some special friends, see below.
- My reading this week has been all over the place. Check out my Hump Day Reading post to find out more.
- I haven’t spent much time on my patio this summer…by the time I get out there in the mornings, it is too hot!
- In the Southern part of the state, my other granddaughter, Aubrey, is enjoying the “lazy, hazy days of summer” on a hammock with a friend:
I think I’ve run out of things to say for now…enjoy your day, and come on by and let’s chat.