Good morning! Time to chat over coffee, and link to Bookishly Boisterous for Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts.
- I wasn’t going to write a post today, as, after a week of calling in at night, I have been directed to report in for Jury Duty this morning at 8:30. This means changing up everything about my morning routines. I hate the drive downtown, and finding the Jury Parking. I haven’t done this since the 1980s! Up until now, I’ve managed to be “on call” only.
- But…I couldn’t sleep until my alarm went off, so I thought I should try writing down a few thoughts while I eat breakfast.
- Last night I watched Part I of The Story of Diana. Mostly it was a repeat of a lot of the other shows I’ve seen lately.
- Because I was setting the alarm and planning to rise early, I didn’t get a chance to watch Younger and The Sinner. They are waiting on the DVR.
- I finished watching Season I of Ozark…and resumed watching The Ranch.
- On the weekend, I watched a movie on Amazon Prime that I had seen at the theater…and enjoyed it because it starred Debra Winger. It was The Lovers.
- Reading two books: Before We Were Yours, by Lisa Wingate, which is pretty good so far; and America’s Queen, by Sarah Bradford, which I will read in bits and pieces, as it has 444 pages…which isn’t that bad, except that the type is very tiny, making the pages long and sometimes tedious. I found myself skipping over parts I’ve read in other books.
- On Tuesday, I enjoyed a pre-birthday lunch with my daughter and her son Noah; we had a very adult-like lunch, with no barbs thrown or any sneaky mentions of the Elephant in the Room (Trump). Probably because Noah was there.
- On Sunday, her actual birthday, there will be a group brunch at a local restaurant, which I’ve never visited, but is close by:
- She was born on Friday the 13th, in 1976, after 36 hours of labor…and finally, a C-Section!
- I’m looking forward to seeing The Glass Castle this weekend!
That’s it for today. Come on by and share your own Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts.