Good morning! Grab a cup of coffee and join us over at Bookishly Boisterous for Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts. It will be in the triple digits again today…sigh. I’m used to it, of course, having lived in Central California for…ready for it? Almost 46 years! We moved here when my youngest son was an infant, which is how I remember the number of years…LOL. As long as I can recall the ages of my children, I’m good at retrieving those memories. (Below) Back in the 70s with my three sons, including the infant after whose birth we came to these parts (for his daddy’s job).
- The kids laugh at these photos…the bell bottoms and the bowl haircuts.
- We had a lot of orange in our lives, too, from the orange infant seat to an orange back pack for hauling around the kid…and, of course, I can’t find that photo!
- While I work on this blog post, I have the TV on in the background, and Colombo was playing when I turned it on…I used to watch that show endlessly back in the day!
- Moving on…trying to stay cool, which works as long as I only leave the house for errands in the mornings…
- And…as long as the AC keeps working, we’re good.
- Meanwhile, doing some reading and Netflix watching. Finished the newest season of Orange Is the New Black...and yay! Wentworth (an Australian prison show) brought out a fifth season, which I started last night.
- Currently reading Good Me, Bad Me...and The Sunshine Sisters.
- Last week was a Mini-Bloggiesta (Finish Line Post), and I had fun changing up my blogs on the surface (headers, themes, etc.), and even did a little bit of behind the scenes work to correct broken links in old posts…I got tired after a while, and told myself that “nobody reads those old posts anyway!”
- The honeymooners are home, exhausted, just in time for the first triple digit weekend. They headed for the pool.
- As usual, I had a lunch out at California Pizza Kitchen…I think it must be a habit now, as my server said “see you next weekend” when I left. Yeah, predictable. I had a different soup this time…Chicken Tortilla soup…and, of course, the strawberry margarita. If I can’t vacation in Europe like the kids, I can enjoy my lunches…so there! LOL
- I dreamed last night that I was 105! Not just a reflection of the temperature, apparently, but a sense of getting older? I woke up feeling especially tired.
- Today I need to hightail it to the manicurist…I broke a nail! Seriously…with these Gel nails, I don’t usually have any problems, but last night, I reached in the fridge for something and slammed my hand on the edge…it’s that dang refrigerator light that’s out! Must call maintenance, as when I try to replace the lights, it doesn’t work. There’s something wrong with the outlet itself, I guess.
- Yikes! Making a list.
Guess I’d better get busy on my day. I must call the nail salon…and then I want to head to the bank while it’s cool….and then pick up the mail, etc.
Enjoy your week!