Welcome to another Coffee Morning and my Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts. Check in at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
- After last week’s exciting getaway, this week feels a bit underwhelming. But I have read two really good books so far, both review books: The Perfect Stranger and Slightly South of Simple (click titles for my reviews)….and I’m now enjoying some breathing room from my review books. In the stack above are a few books I’ve purchased…and really want to read soon. Do you see any that you can recommend?
- Currently I am reading The Widower’s Wife, and it’s different from what I expected…but I keep reading it, wanting to know how it will all unfold.
- Yesterday I was bored, so I went to California Pizza Kitchen around the corner from where I live…and had a delicious soup, and read my book.
- Reading in a restaurant livens things up for me. And the food is much more tasty than my boring “at home” stuff.
- I did manage to get to the grocery store afterwards, to add to the boring coffers.
- Last night, I watched another episode of 13 Reasons Why, on Netflix. Has anyone else seen it? I haven’t read the book, but now I just might.
- Since I was already connected to the Internet for streaming, I went over to watch an older movie on Prime…one I hadn’t seen in a while. Grey Gardens, with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange.
- Tonight is TGIT, and I’m eager to see the Thursday lineup, especially since I am now caught up on Scandal. I watched five seasons on Netflix, grabbed a few episodes of Season 6 On Demand, and now I’m eager to continue the story.
- I don’t have any little grandkids to buy Easter eggs for (my youngest is fourteen!), but I am thinking that a nice barbecue might liven up the day.
That was my underwhelming week so far…what was yours like? What are you planning for the weekend?