Good morning, Blog World! It’s time to share some of our Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts, along with Christine, at Bookishly Boisterous.
As the days slide by, I am making lists and planning the getaway next Friday-Sunday, (March 31-April 2) for my daughter’s wedding.
- Last night, my second son, who lives in LA, called and we chatted as he drove toward Phoenix, where he will be visiting his youngest son, a college freshman there. I like these little chats, and he says they make the journey less tedious.
- He and his eldest son, Alec, who will be on spring break, will be coming to the wedding, so we had logistics to discuss. They plan to stay Saturday night only.
- I am one of those people who has to start “getting ready” way too soon, and as a result, I have all the clothes I’m planning to take hanging together in the closet, and the luggage is next to my bed. I always worry that I will forget something important, like iPhone charger, Kindle charger, etc. Hence, the lists.
- When I used to travel more, getting ready to go was on auto pilot. Not so much these days.
- Meanwhile, I’m doing some reading this week, and I’m on my third book: Bridges: A Daphne White Novel, by Maria Murnane. I enjoyed her Waverly Bryson series, and I’m loving this one, too.
- This week is Bloggiesta, and I’ve been having fun updating my various blogs, fixating mostly on my Rainy Days and Mondays site
- A few days ago, my coffee pot died…so I went off to buy another, bemoaning the fact that they don’t seem to last very long. Perhaps because I keep buying Mr. Coffee…and should be trying something…better? But I took the easy route, and hauled another Mr. Coffee home.
- I’m getting a lot of use out of my new blender (which I bought to replace the one my daughter borrowed…ten years ago?). Smoothies, etc.
- Every night this week, I’ve been binge-watching Scandal, on Netflix. I never watched the show on TV…and I started it here when I couldn’t find anything else on Netflix that grabbed me. Some episodes were boring, but now in the third season, I’m hooked.
- I do want new seasons to come along for old favorites, though…but in the meantime, I’m good with this one.
That’s my week so far….come on over and let’s chat.