I have missed the last few Musing Mondays, but today I just felt in the mood to muse a little. Check Should Be Reading to see what others are chatting about.
Here are some possible topics:
Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
So, today I’m going to ramble a bit, sharing odds and ends that strike my fancy.
As I posted my review today of Save the Date, I realized that I have written reviews for all the Vine and Author Review Books on my stacks through July. And there are only four on my August stacks. Although I think another two or three books are in the mail, headed my way.
It is sometimes a challenge to keep ahead of those review books, and still find time to read the books I bought, some as far back as 2011 (although there are only a few of those left!).
Another delightful piece of news (for me); on Thursday, I moaned and groaned about the new posting system at WP (My Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts).
And then, quite by accident, as I prepared to write a new post, I noticed a little place to click if I wanted the Classic Posting System. Yay for classic!
So all is not lost. Just as on Amazon, where there is a new system that I don’t like, with no place in it for inserting book links; however, again, magic click takes us to the Classic Mode.
Speaking of Amazon: here are my recent stats showing that I just posted my 1100th Review!
|Reviews written: 1,100
Reviewer rank: 423
Helpful votes: 3,257 of 3,834