Top 10 Reasons to Spend Time at TEN BEACH ROAD in October
TEN BEACH ROAD is hitting the shelves anew this month as part of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Penguin Group’s READ PINK® program.
The READ PINK® program was created by my publisher, Penguin Group (USA) to promote public awareness of breast cancer and breast cancer research and to support and recognize the contributions of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation®(BCRF) by connecting the cause to books written by, for and about women.
For the past two years, Penguin’s Read Pink donation has sponsored 500 hours of research time and I’m incredibly proud and honored to have my book on the shelves with the Read Pink Seal on the cover and information about BCRF in the back of the book.
But… it’s October! My books usually hit the stores when temperatures are rising, school is out and we’re either headed to the beach or at least daydreaming about sand, surf and sun. So this got me thinking about what makes a book a beach book, and why we should throw caution to the wind and read them all year long. After all, if some fashionista somewhere can decree that white pants are acceptable all year long, then why can’t we do the same with beach books?
Not convinced? Well, let me share my “Top 10 Reasons to Spend Time at TEN BEACH ROAD in October” list with you and see if we can get on the same page. (Pun fully intended!)
1. Since school is back in session, it’s important to set a good example for your kids by reading. If you pick up TEN BEACH ROAD, you’ll be enjoying a sweat-soaked summer with Maddie, Nicole, and Avery as they rehab a dilapidated beachfront mansion in Pass-a-Grille, Florida. Your kids will just think you are very smart and studious.
2. If you need something to warm you up, the men of TEN BEACH ROAD are hot.
3. Now that I think about it, I’m not sure why books that really take you away are necessary in the summer. What better time for a good mental escape to the beach than a cold, rainy day in October?
4. When you’re looking ahead to long cold months with the sun setting earlier and earlier each day, you can at least feel good that you have not lost everything in a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme like the women of TEN BEACH ROAD.
5. If your neighborhood is getting too cold and windy for DIY projects, you can read about Maddie, Nicole and Avery’s work on Bella Flora and just tell your hubby that you’re in the “planning stages” for next spring and summer.
6. Did I mention that there are some hot guys in TEN BEACH ROAD?
7. Reading beach books in the summer can make you feel bad about not being quite bikini ready… but in October, you can pull out a big cozy sweater and some chocolate cake and know you have months before you have to worry about that again!
8. If beach vacations are not just for summer, then beach books shouldn’t be either. October is actually a good time to head to the beaches in Florida. The crowds have thinned and the temperatures are still warm. You could leave the kids with Dad, grab your girlfriends, a few copies of TEN BEACH ROAD and call it a book club weekend!
9. Friendships are timeless, and so are troubles. TEN BEACH ROAD is the story of three women who are thrown together when they lose everything. It could be set in Aspen in March, Boston in December or Dubuque in May. The story is about the women, their lives, and their bond. So reading it in October wherever you live will work. I promise.
10. I think I have mentioned that there are some hot guys in the book, but it bears repeating! If you’re looking for a way to warm up, there’s nothing better than picturing Joe Giraldi running shirtless on the beach. (Not sure who Joe is? Pick up the READ PINK® edition of TEN BEACH ROAD to find out)!
So, show the world the kind of woman you really are: brave, fearless, and bold. Wear white pants after Labor Day, drink a Piña Colada in December and proudly show off your copy of TEN BEACH ROAD in October. You’ll be the envy of the neighborhood, and you can be proud knowing you’re supporting a great cause!
Visit Wendy at her Amazon Author Page.