This week, I downloaded two e-books for Sparky, my Kindle; I received one review book, one contest win, and a book I purchased from Amazon.
1. Star Struck: Interviews with Dirty Harry and Other Hollywood Icons (e-book), by Betty Dravis
Betty Dravis, a former journalist, shares insightful interviews with some of her favorite Hollywood legends.
The Kingdom of Childhood is the story of a boy and a woman: sixteen-year-old Zach Patterson, uprooted and struggling to reconcile his knowledge of his mother’s extramarital affair, and Judy McFarland, a kindergarten teacher watching her family unravel before her eyes.
3. Brownie Fix, by Ellen Cardona (Review book from author)
Chocolate. Love. Sex. Really, what else could a woman want in life? For Persey, the heroine of Brownie Fix, her days are fun-filled until what is normally one of life’s most fulfilling experiences, the birth of her son, leads her straight into a dark state of postpartum depression…
4. V is for Vengeance, by Sue Grafton
A spiderweb of dangerous relationships lies at the heart of V is for Vengeance, Sue Grafton’s daring new Kinsey Millhone novel.
5. Mrs. Nixon (e-book), by Ann Beattie
Dazzlingly original, Ann Beattie’s Mrs. Nixon is a riveting exploration of an elusive American icon and of the fiction writer’s art.
WHAT ARE YOU READING?
My week has brought a bounty of reading and blogging experiences.
Here’s some of what happened on my blogs:
Review: The Strangers on Montague Street, by Karen White (with author bio)
Review: The Sisters, by Nancy Jensen
Review: Armed: An Alex Harris Mystery, by Elaine Macko
What’s Up Next?
1. You Are My Only (e-book), by Beth Kephart (still reading)
2. It’s a Waverly Life, by Maria Murnane (Vine Review)
3. Birds of Paradise, by Diana Abu-Jaber
4. Second Nature (e-book), by Jacquelyn Mitchard
And that’s going to be a full week for me. I might finish the first one this afternoon…and with a short week, I could finish the others by next weekend.
What are you up to? What wonderful tomes await you?